Sunday, July 24, 2011

Music. Arise Roots with Gondwana

Roots, Rock, Reggae Music! If you know me, you know I am a huge Reggae music fan.  I have been going to shows before I can remember. Saturday night was a special treat, I got to see one of my favorite up and coming local bands, ARISE ROOTS, and the oh so famous GONDWANA. Gondwana is a reggae group from La Pincoya, Santiago, Chile.  They have a huge following and I believe that was their first time playing in San Diego, CA so you can imagine how pumped the crowd was.  The venue was the World Beat Center, I've never seen that place so packed.  Arise Roots is a kinda new band from L.A.  They have been out for probably a year and a half but every show I see is a positive experience.  You can tell the band has a lot of heart which comes across in the music.  The bands complimented each other perfectly which made for an AWESOME Reggae night.  Can't wait to see them again.

Event Flyer
Crowd for Gondwana
Arise Roots Album cover


Arise Roots Jammin'

Todd Johnson on the Keys for Arise Roots. Couldn't get a clear shot!
Crowd for Arise Roots.
My beautiful sister always makes for good company. 
Me!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks man! It was all Arise's pleasure to perform for such a great crowd. Thanks for the kind words. Hope to see you at one of our next shows.

    Peace.

    Robert Sotelo-Arise Roots

    ReplyDelete